You can test ALFAcoins.com system without using valuable cryptocurrency by simply using Litecoin in Testnet (LTCT).
Litecoin Testnet (LTCT) coins has no real value, thus it’s very convenient to test the ALFAcoins system prior to integrating payments in the production environment.
- Litecoin Testnet uses an alternate blockchain that is set aside for testing and experimental purposes. The coins have no monetary value and the developers may reset the chain in future versions of the client.
- Regular Litecoin and Testnet addresses are different, so you cannot create transactions between the two blockchains.
- LTCT is set to an artificially high exchange rate of 1 LTCT = 10000$ in our system.
- Litecoin will automatically use a different directory and wallet for Testnet, so you don't have to worry about your existing blockchain and wallet.
You can install Litecoin client from official website or you can send directly from litecoin testnet faucets (e.g. https://testnet.litecointools.com/ or https://testnet.thrasher.io/).
Here is what you need to do in order to run Litecoin in Testnet mode after installation:
- Open your Litecoin installation folder. For Windows: C:\Program Files\Litecoin (64-bit) or C:\Program Files (x86)\Litecoin (32-bit)
- Single click the litecoin-qt.exe file, then hold down the right mouse button and drag the cursor to an empty spot on your desktop. Let go of the right mouse button and click "Create shortcuts here"
- Right-click the new shortcut on your desktop and hit Properties. Switch to the Shortcut tab if it isn't already open
- In the Target editbox it will say "c:\Program Files (x86)\Litecoin\litecoin-qt.exe" or "c:\Program Files\Litecoin\litecoin-qt.exe". Add a space and -testnet to the end of the line; it should look like this: "c:\Program Files (x86)\Litecoin\litecoin-qt.exe" - testnet OR
- Click OK to close the Shortcut Properties window and update the shortcut
- Double-click the shortcut you created to launch Litecoin in Testnet mode
"c:\Program Files\Litecoin\litecoin-qt.exe" - testnet
- You can use any Litecoin Testnet faucets to get free LTCT coins, e.g. testnet.litecointools.com/ or testnet.thrasher.io/
- You can also mine LTCT coins with CPU or GPU, to do that you need to add gen=1 as an option to litecoin-qt.exe in the guide above
2. Enter your email (1), enter the amount in US dollars, say 200$ (2), choose the LTCT (Litecoin Testnet) (3), click the green button “Pay with Litecoin Testnet” (4)
3. Now you have 15 minutes to make a test payment. You need to copy-paste exact amount (1) and Litecoin Testnet Address (2) into the form of any litecoin testnet faucet (e.g. testnet.litecointools.com/) or use your own Litecoin in Testnet mode client (see How do I run Litecoin Client paragraph)
5. After clicking "Send" button the faucet should indicate that transaction has been successful, e.g.:
6. Now the payment form should be updated and indicate that your payment went through and awaiting confirmations:
Also you will receive a notification e-mail that we’ve received your unconfirmed payment to the e-mail you’ve submitted earlier:
7. Once the payment is confirmed you will get this dialogue:
and an e-mail indicating that your payment has been fully received:
NOTE: please do NOT use this in the production systems!
2. After authorization, you need to go to the "Integration" page, then choose the "Buttons" and click the "Add" button.
3. You’ll be offered a several different options for graphical design, please select the one you like.
4. Now, you need to select ONLY Litecoin Testnet checkmark here and deselect all other payment methods. So it will be like this:
5. Next, you need to fill some more fields:
a. Name - your shop’s name (for example: Super Shop), name will be displayed on the payment page for the customer.
b. Amount - the amount in US dollars (USD) to pay (e.g. $200, the minimum amount is $10). 1 LTCT = 10000$, so it’s best to fill this field with at least 200 or more. By default ALFAcoins fee will be deducted from this amount. However, you can change this setting if you click on the change text-link.
c. Amount currency - the currency for receiving payments (USD).
d. Redirect URL (optional) - a link to the website (URL) (e.g. http://mysuperstore.com/successpage). You will be redirected there after successful payment.
e. Back to seller’s store (optional) - a link to the website (URL) (e.g. http://mysuperstore.com/shop). You will be redirected there when clicking on “Back to seller’s store button” on the payment pag.
f. Status url (optional) - a link to the website (URL) (e.g. http://mysuperstore.com/status). When invoice status changes (e.g. you receive the payment, partial payment or invoice expires) we will send detailed information there through POST request.
g. Description - your product description (e.g. My super product #1). It will be displayed on the payment page.
h. Now, click "Save". Your Payment button for testing has been successfully created!
6. Now, you need to copy the button’s code which later you will need to insert on your website. To do that click on the “Copy code” button.
7. Paste the code into web page of your website where you plan to integrate the payment button. Example:
8. Congratulations! You’ve just integrated Litecoin Testnet (LTCT) payments on your website!
9. Now it’s time to test how payment on your website is working!
The payment page will look like this:
a. Amount to pay
b. Deposit address
You can pay from a wallet working in the testnet mode (E.g. Litecoin Core):
or send LTCT directly from the Litecoin Testnet Faucet for example from here: testnet.litecointools.com/
10. Once your transaction gets required amount of confirmations (2 for Litecoin Testnet) you’ll receive the funds to your ALFAcoins LTCT balance:
11. Also we’ll notify your status url (if you set one) with detailed information regarding the payment you’ve just received for this particular invoice so you will be able to process that payment on your website automatically and deliver the digital product or do some any other actions.
Start accepting cryptocurrency on your website today with ALFAcoins.com!