This manual will help you to integrate cryptocurrency payments on your website powered by WordPress with the help of ALFAcoins WooCommerce plugin.
1.2. Extract the contents of the archive latest.zip (you can use built-in extractor in Windows / MacOS / Linux to do that) somewhere and upload them to your website hosting to the remote directory where your website is hosted. The uploading process depends on what you’re using: FTP, SFTP, SSH, SCP or simple WEB GUI file transfer. We won’t go into the details on how to upload: if you have any issues with uploading files please consult your hosting provider.
Your website contents should look like this after the upload:
1.4. Setup the database for your WordPress installation: you need a MySQL database, again, depending on your hosting provider the creation of the database might vary and best is to consult your hosting provider if you have any trouble.
You need to provide:
- database hostname (e.g. localhost) (1)
- database name (e.g. wordpress) (2)
- database username (e.g. myuser) (3)
- database password (e.g. D6qk`VHAaQ)r*(9u) (4)
- prefix for table names (e.g. wp_) (5)
Please note: the database should be already created and you should have the appropriate rights to create tables inside the database.
1.5. If everything is correct on the next page you need to click on the "Run the installation" button to begin the installation.
1.6. Now you need to enter details for your administrator account of your website:
- Site Title (e.g. Brian Blog) (1)
- Username (e.g. admin) (2)
- Password (e.g. 147&7Mw5D%)Y6yu#Y!) (3)
- Your Email (e.g. [email protected]) (4)
After filling these fields click on the "Install WordPress" button.
1.7. On the next page you will see the admin login screen, you need to enter the username and password supplied in the previous step:
Congratulations, you’ve just installed WordPress!
2.1. After logging into the admin area, you need to click on the Plugins (1) menu on the left and click on “Add New” button (2).
2.2. Enter “WooCommerce” in the search field (1).
Select WooCommerce plugin and click on “Install Now” (2) button.
2.3. After successful installation click on “Activate” button.
2.4. Now you need to set WooCommerce store settings, enter the required information and click on the "Let’s go" button.
2.5. You don’t need to choose any payments methods on this page, just click on the “Continue” button.
2.6. Select the delivery area, specify the delivery options and click on the “Continue” button.
2.7. Choose the recommended add-ons for your website store and click on the “Continue” button.
2.8. Add the Jetpack service (1) if you like or click on the “Skip this step” (2) button.
2.9. Congratulations! Your website store is installed!
Now you can create your first product, import products, view settings or return to the Dashboard.
Now you need to set-up ALFAcoins account to integrate cryptocurrency payments on your website.
3.2. Add your website in the integration section, please refer to the website tutorial on how to add and verify your website. After your website has been verified you should have Confirmed near your website:
3.5. Configure the newly created API:
- Enter the Shop Name (e.g. Cryptostore)
- Choose Available Payment Methods: list of cryptocurrencies you’d like to accept as a payment on your website (e.g. Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Dash, XRP)
- Enter the Notification URL in the format: https://yourwebsite.com/wc-api/WC_Gateway_ALFAcoins/. You need to replace https://yourwebsite.com with the actual URL of your website
- Generate strong and unique API password Select appropriate Permissions: Create Order, Order Status, Orders Statuses, Stats
- For additional security you can restrict the API access to certain IP addresses, to do that put your website IP address into the Allowed IP list
3.6. Click on the “Save” button and confirm with the 2-Step one time code.
3.7. After confirmation, there will be Secret Key displayed.
Very Important: you need to write it down somewhere!
This is very important as the Secret Key will be displayed only once!
4.1. Now you need to go back to your website admin panel: https://yourwebsite.com/wp-admin/, select the Plugins menu and click on the "Add New" button and enter "ALFAcoins" (1) in the search field.
Then select ALFAcoins for WooCommerce and click on the "Install Now" (2) button:
4.2. After installation click on the "Activate" button:
4.3. After plugin activation you need to go the Plugins page and find ALFAcoins for Woocommerce there, then click on the Settings.
4.4. Enter the API data obtained in the process of API creation:
- API Shop Name (from 3.5. section of this guide)
- API Secret Key (from 3.7. section of this guide)
- API Password (from 1.6. section of this guide )
4.5. Select the default cryptocurrency for payments (e.g. Bitcoin). Set the order status transitions (same as on the example screenshot), set Notification URL and Redirect URL, don’t forget to replace https://yourwebsite.com with your actual website! Click on the “Save Changes” after filling all required fields.
4.6. Now you need to make sure that everything went well: go to the Woocommerce on the left menu, select Settings → Payments, make sure that ALFAcoins plugin for Woocommerce is enabled.
Now you can accept cryptocurrency payments on your website!
If something is not working or you’re having an issue in setting up your store, don’t hesitate to ask our support team.